Purpose ...

Ongoing CHALLENGE !!!
If you see one single picture in this group that you think is not art, please say so (by commenting on it) and tell us why. If you are convincing - we will remove it. This group is to show case the most resistive pictures from the
Color Art Photography - Is Your Art universal

If your picture has been blogged here, it means that it has appealed to dozens of art jurors for a whole week or more. Congratulations!!!
Hmmm... but what does that mean ??? well according to This ... it means your picture is "... extremely resistant to people wanting to get rid of it", :)

If you found this blog interesting you can also check
The BW Art from Flickr ...

" ...ONLY IN ART DOES IT STILL HAPPEN THAT A MAN WHO IS CONSUMED BY DESIRES PERFORMS SOMETHING RESEMBLING THE ACCOMPLISHMENT OF THOSE DESIRES AND THAT WHAT HE DOES IN PLAY PRODUCES EMOTIONAL EFFECTS - THANKS TO ARTISTIC ILLUSION - JUST AS THOUGH IT WERE SOMETHING REAL. PEOPLE SPEAK WITH JUSTICE OF THE "MAGIC OF ART" AND COMPARE ARTISTS TO MAGICIANS. ..."

SIGMUND FREUD
"TOTEM AND TABOO"

e diel, qershor 01, 2008

My greatest Loss


My greatest Loss, originally uploaded by Paula Anddrade.

It's been one year I suddenly lost my beloved father, he passed away on a Friday 13th, the worst day in my life. One year of Grieve, one year putting myself together, one day after the other. It was traumatic, I've never cried as much, never hurt that much, it's been a long process. He was the joy in our lives, the anchor.
I've learned a lot about myself and people in general after this. It was in the middle of a real storm, one I'd never expected, most powerful than I could've ever imagined, that I learned how strong and fragile I could be. One doesn't learn that until Darkness come with no short notice... A water divisor I wish it hadn't happened.
I also learned who my real friends are, not that many, btw, but priceless. Some stayed by my side, others revealed they weren't such good friends... and there were a few who surprised me, who checked on me from time to time to see how I was doing, who offered me help, sincerely and not afraid I could accept it. I call it even.
I thank those good old friends and the new ones, for their support, compassion, their Friendship. I thank my boyfriend, my Family and my Brother, who has become our new anchor.
and my Flickr friends who kept visiting and posting on my photos, even when I spent months hardly commenting on anyone's.
One doesn't remain the same after such loss. I haven't. Life is, indeed, short... and it can end from one minute to the other. I'm learning to say "I love you" more often, to give my love more often to the ones who matter.
In the last year my ambitions have also changed, I want to be happy doing what I do, I don't want to change the way I see the world and people through my lenses in order to fit where some people may think I should. Life is too short for that. I'll stand with the ones who appreciate, value, what I do.
As a person, I'll stand with good people, the strong in character, the ones who know the value of friendship, love. I want to be the best person I can, honor the man my father was and everything he taught me.
I learned so much with him, he was a Genuine Good, Unselfish, Loving Person. A Real Father, Husband, Son, Brother, Friend. A Great Man, with an amazing Character (one either has it or not, there's no mid term for that) a man of his Word. He was so Unique, died young... full of plans, full of life. The World is a sadder place without him.
It's with tears going down that I dedicate this self portrait to Him, who was never afraid to show the ones he loved how much he cared, who helped others, who raised his family with all his heart, love, tenderness. A man whom I'll miss till the end of my life.
View On Black__ ~*~
Hoje faz 1 ano que perdi meu Pai amado, ele faleceu numa Sexta-feira 13, o pior dia da minha vida. Um ano de luto, muita tristeza, juntando os pedaços, um dia após o outro. Foi traumático, nunca chorei, sofri e doí tanto. Tem sido um longo processo. Ele era nossa alegria, nossa Âncora.
Aprendi bastante sobre mim e as pessoas depois disso. Foi no meio de uma tempestade real, que eu nunca esperava e mais poderosa do que jamais poderia imaginar, que aprendi o quão forte e frágil sou. Não se sabe disso até a Escuridão chegar sem aviso prévio.
Também aprendi quem são meus verdadeiros Amigos, não são tantos, mas têm valor incalculável. Alguns estiveram ao meu lado pra valer, outros revelaram não ser tão amigos... e outros me surpreenderam, me monitoraram de tempos em tempos para saber como eu estava, ofereceram ajuda sem receio de que eu aceitasse. É importante saber quem é quem em nossas vidas, agora eu sei.
Agradeço os bons velhos amigos e os novos, pelo seu apoio, compaixão, Amizade. Meu namorado, minha família, e meu Irmão, que se tornou nossa âncora.
Não se permanece o mesmo depois de uma perda desta magnitude. Eu não permaneci. A vida é mesmo curta e pode acabar de um minuto ao outro. Estou aprendendo a dizer "te amo" com mais frequência, a dar meu amor mais frequentemente àqueles que realmente importam.
No último ano minhas ambições também mudaram, quero ser feliz fazendo o que faço, não mudar minha maneira de ver o mundo e as pessoas através das minhas lentes para me encaixar aonde alguns acham que eu deveria. A vida é mto curta para isso. Fico com aqueles que apreciam, valorizam minha fotografia. Como pessoa, fico com os bons de coração, de caráter, que sabem o valor de uma amizade.
Quero ser a melhor pessoa que puder, honrar o homem que meu pai foi, tudo que me ensinou.
Aprendi tanto com ele, era genuinamente Bom, amável, leal, altruísta. Um Pai, Marido, Filho, Irmão e Amigo De Verdade. Grande Homem, de um caráter Incrível (ou vc tem ou não tem, não existe meio termo) um homem de Palavra. Era tão Único, morreu Jovem, cheio de planos, cheio de Vida. O mundo é um lugar mais triste sem a sua presença.
É com lágrimas que dedico este auto-retrato a Ele, que nunca teve medo de demonstrar seu afeto para aqueles que amava, gostava. Que sempre ajudou o próximo, criou sua família com todo seu coração, amor e carinho. Um homem de quem sentirei falta até o último dia da minha vida.

Nuk ka komente: